Virtual Continuing Education
Desktop Appraisals (Bifurcated, Hybrid) and Evaluations Seminar
May 27, 2021
As the world changes, so do processes and methods used in many businesses including the appraisal profession. While alternative appraisal services like bifurcated, hybrid, and desktop appraisals and evaluations aren’t new, they are becoming more popular. Many appraisers are uncertain about the general requirements of each service, how appraisal standards might apply, and how these services might create liability. This seminar will provide more clarity about the different services being requested and help you to decide if these services are for you. It will review the expectations of alternative appraisal services, potential uses, appraisal standard implications, scope of work, and liability concerns as it applies to residential and commercial assignments. And it will review evaluation formats and the business opportunities for them.
- Describe desktop appraisals, such as bifurcated and hybrid, and learn how and when they are used.
- Discover how real estate collateral is used inside federally regulated banks and financial institutions.
- Review the significant Federal and State laws governing all valuations — appraisals and evaluations — used for loan originations, modifications, and other subsequent transactions.
- Identify appraisal standards, Interagency Guidelines, lender requirements, and state law requirements for credentialed appraisers.
- Recognize the development and reporting differences that differentiate appraisals from evaluations and desktop valuation services.
- State Approvals – Course and seminar approvals are updated on a regular basis. Check approvals in your state.
- National Appraisal Institute Scholarships – The Appraisal Institute Education Trust offers several scholarship programs. Learn more.
- Explore a Career in Real Estate Valuation – Interested in exploring a challenging, dynamic career in real estate valuation? Start your career.
- Educational Requirements for Appraisal Institute Designations – For a summary of requirements for our MAI, SRA, AI-GRS and AI-RRS designations, view the Designation requirement charts.
- Continuing Education (CE) – The Appraisal Institute offers programs that fulfill both state and Appraisal Institute CE requirements. View answers to frequently asked CE questions.